Choosing the perfect words to write on a funeral flower card can be a difficult task. You want to express your condolences in a meaningful way, but you also don’t want to say anything that could be upsetting or offensive.
Here are some tips for writing a funeral flower card message:
- Keep it simple. There is no need to write a long essay. Short, sincere sentiments frequently carry more significance than lengthy, meandering messages.
- Be personal. If you knew the deceased well, include a personal anecdote or memory in your message. This shows the family that you cared about their loved one.
- Be respectful. Avoid using any religious or spiritual language if you are not sure whether the deceased’s family would be comfortable with it.
- Proofread your message carefully. Thoroughly review your message for any errors. It’s crucial to avoid any inadvertent mistakes when writing a message for a funeral flower card.
There are a number of traditional messages that you can write on a funeral flower card. Some examples include:
- “With deepest sympathy”
- “In loving memory”
- “Rest in peace”
- “Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time”
- “With heartfelt condolences”
If you are close to the family of the deceased, you may also want to write a more personal message, such as:
- “We will miss [name] dearly”
- “[Name] was a wonderful person, and we are so grateful to have known them”
- “Our hearts are broken for your loss”
- “We are here for you if you need anything
Expressing Your Sympathy
When expressing your sympathy on a funeral flower card, it is important to be sincere and respectful. Avoid using clichés or generic phrases, and focus on writing something that is meaningful to you and to the family of the deceased.
Here are some examples of how to express your sympathy on a funeral flower card:
- “I am so sorry for your loss.”
- “My heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult time.”
- “Please accept my deepest condolences.”
- “I was so saddened to hear about the passing of [deceased’s name].”
- “[Deceased’s name] will be deeply missed by all who knew them.”
Sharing a Fond Memory
If you were close to the deceased, you may want to share a fond memory on your funeral flower card. This can be a special way to honour their life and to show the family that you are thinking of them.
When sharing a fond memory, be sure to choose one that is appropriate for the occasion. Avoid sharing anything that is too personal or that could be upsetting to the family.
Here are some examples of how to share a fond memory on a funeral flower card:
- “I will always remember the time we [share a fond memory].”
- “[Deceased’s name] always had a smile on their face and a kind word for everyone they met.”
- “[Deceased’s name] was such a loving and caring person. They will be deeply missed.”
Offering Your Support
When offering your support on a funeral flower card, be genuine and specific. Let the family know that you are there for them in whatever way they need you.
Here are some examples of how to offer your support on a funeral flower card:
- “Please know that I am here for you if you need anything.”
- “My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time of sorrow.”
- “May you find comfort in the memories of your loved one.”
- “Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss.”
Religious or spiritual messages
If you are religious or spiritual, you may want to include a religious or spiritual message on your funeral flower card. Some examples include:
- “May God bless you and your family during this difficult time”
- “Your loved one is in a better place now”
- “May your loved one rest in peace”
- “Our prayers are with you”
If you are not sure whether the deceased’s family would be comfortable with a religious or spiritual message, it is best to err on the side of caution and avoid using one.
If you want to write a more unique message on your funeral flower card, you can always get creative. Here are a few examples:
- “[Name]’s light will shine on forever”
- “[Name]’s memory will live on in our hearts”
- “[Name] left a legacy of love and kindness”
- “[Name] was a true inspiration to us all”
You can also include a quote or poem on your funeral flower card. Here are a few examples:
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.” (Thomas Campbell)
- “Do not stand at my grave and weep; I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the softest rain that falls. I am the gentle morning dew. I am the sunlight through ripened grain. I am the bird’s flight on silent wings. I am the thousand things you see when you close your eyes and dream of me.” (Mary Frye)
- “Though she be but little, she is fierce.” (William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream)
- “He was the best man I ever knew.” (Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities)
No matter what message you choose to write on your funeral flower card, make sure that it is sincere and heartfelt. The most important thing is to show the family of the deceased that you care.
Choosing the perfect words to write on a funeral flower card can be a difficult task, but it is important to put some thought into it. By following the tips above, you can write a message that is both meaningful and respectful.
If you are looking for funeral services, Newrest Funerals can help. We offer a wide range of funeral services, including direct cremations, direct burials, and traditional funerals. We also offer eco-friendly funeral options. Contact us today to learn more about our services.